Thursday, November 11, 2010

Freak Out Mode

I just got a call from my nurse and she told me that after a discussion about my case, the doctor has decided that 1) I should go ahead and take progesterone supplements and 2) he wants to do an ultrasound next Thursday to look for anything that might be out of place.  I am thankful that he is being so proactive, but now I am totally freaking out.  When I hung up the phone, I started to cry (in my office which is not good).  I wonder what it would feel like to be one of those women who sees two lines on a stick and then blissfully waits for her first appointment in a few weeks, just knowing she will be holding her baby in 8ish months?

6 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry that you're freaking out. I wish you could be one of those women too.

    Honestly, when I saw your previous post, I was surprised that they didn't want you on any progesterone. For infertiles, or those with losses, I thought doctors generally throw progesterone at all of us! No matter what! So don't freak out about this one. I'm glad they're being so proactive with you, and that they're making sure that they've done everything they can to make sure everything will be ok.

    Try to breath a little - and know I'll hold your hand throughout this process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say this before, but it might be worth you having a look at the Ectopic Pregnancy Trust forums - http://www.ectopic.org.uk. After having gone through two early pregnancy losses I've found them completely invaluable. But fingers crossed it will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, what would it be like to be those women? We all want to know. Julie at A Little Pregnant wrote a beautiful post about how to most women, two lines means a baby. To many women, two lines means a...something.

    I'm sure this is an emotional time. Sending strength your way and sending some sticking power to that little one in there!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. on a few of my pregnancies, I'd try to think that far ahead... but eventually it wore me down- and it was all based on the next appointment date. Glad that your doctor is being proactive, hope the appointment goes well, and some peace between now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, just reread my comment and it doesn't make sense... I meant to say the ETP can be helpful at the early stages of waiting and you'll get loads of support on there. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually both of these things are good. My doc wants to see P4 over 30. And the 5w ultrasound is just to rule out an ectopic, make sure that there is a sac and in the right place - early monitoring is good. I know it's scary but it's also reassuring.

    ReplyDelete