Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Testing 1, 2

This week is test week in our household.  Tomorrow, A has his comprehensive exam for his masters degree.  I am so proud of all the work he has done and cannot wait for this to be over for him!  A is not a fan of standardized tests, so he is not terribly excited, but he has worked extremely hard for this degree.  I know that the most recent miscarriage and the first IUI were huge distractions for him, and I feel terrible...unfortunately, that is our life right now, and I am thankful that A is better at compartmentalizing than me.

On Thursday, we have our mid-luteal phase blood draw.  I realize this is not a test I should worry about, but I cannot help but be anxious.  I blame this anxiety on two causes: 1) I am terribly hard to draw blood from.  The record number of pricks it took to get my blood is 8, and that included one on the side of my calf and one behind my knee.  2) We have only gotten good results at this phase one time, so I don't have a good track record with this test.

For today and tomorrow, however, I am pushing needles from my mind and sending all the good vibes I can to my precious husband....Good luck, A!

4 comments:

  1. I remember when my hubby did his comps for his Masters...he was so nervous and we were so excited when we found out he passed! I look forward to you guys getting to celebrate that moment soon. : )

    Good luck with your blood draw and test, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to your hubby - its a great feeling when your exams are over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your upcoming blood draw! I too suffer from problem pricking. Have you tried drinking a ton of fluids beforehand? The reason I ask is that the last time I had blood drawn I also had a pelvic ultrasound so I had to have a full bladder. It was the easiest blood draw ever.

    ReplyDelete