Monday, November 22, 2010

An open letter to my hair.

Dear Hair,

I am trying to focus on the positive things in my life this week, but you are making it particularly difficult.  Over the years, I have grown to appreciate your naturally curly nature since it seriously reduces the amount of time required to get ready for work.  This new curly on the top and stick straight on the bottom thing, however, is just not working.  It's not cute.  I know that I am putting you through hell with all the "I'm pregnant," "I'm not pregnant," "I'm taking ridiculous amounts of hormones," and I am sorry for that.  I am running short on patience, though, and I just don't have time for you on my "to do" list.  Please help me out and return to your formerly manageable ways.

Sincerely,
Still A Guest Room

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! Curly on the top and straight on the bottom, what happened hair?? I have super curly hair that I fight with every day and straighten almost every day in the non summer months. Summer months win and the hair must be curly. Hopefully it listens to your lovely letter and shapes up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly hair. Get with the picture.

    Someday I'll write a separate post to each of my PCOS symptoms : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. yet another lovely side effect.
    Thanks for the comic relief by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through another. I'm sorry for your losses and what you've been through. I've been dealing with RPL too (4 losses since 3/09 and I just found out I'm pg with #5) and it just flat out sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see that the whole straight and curly thing wouldn't be quite the look you're aiming for! Maybe you need to treat yourself to some TLC and get a massage and a haircut?

    ReplyDelete