Tuesday, November 16, 2010

picking up the pieces

Today I went to work, was fairly productive, and am getting ready to head to a civic organization meeting.  My life looks the same as it did last Tuesday; my heart, however, feels different.  I think that's one of the hardest things about this journey...your losses, your pain, are for the most part invisible.  I am usually thankful that I do not have to rehash our story over and over again, but I sometimes wish that there were some way that others could tell I was hurting.  Maybe if they could see my loss they would be less callous and more understanding of the time required to heal.

I haven't really processed this latest loss yet...I am still in my "dazed" faze.  I can tell, though, that the physical proof that the pregnancy is over is on its way.  My back hurts, cramps are beginning--the official end is near.  Thanks for sticking with me through this ordeal.

13 comments:

  1. It's a hard balance between telling people so they at least know you're going through something (they'll still not understand everything) and not having to put yourself through the telling.

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brave. I'm proud of you. One day at a time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of hugs sent your way. You are such a strong woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very sorry for your loss.

    Here from LFCA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you big hugs and hoping motherhood is just around the corner for you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thinking of you. These invible losses are so hard, sometimes I think it might be easier if I looked sick or something.
    sending love your way,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about your loss. It's so hard when people can't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish that it was not so taboo to talk about pregnancy loss. On the one hand, you're right; it's hard to talk about it yourself. On the other hand, it would be such a blessing to have others take care of us and support us when we most need it ... without questioning the reason. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard to "put on the happy face" for everyone when inside all you want to do is cry. I feel you. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so very hard to go about life pretending everything is fine when you are crushed on the inside. Make sure and take some time out for you. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your appointment tomorrow puts you on the path to some answers. I've been there and I know it's hard. Big hugs to you....

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's too hard pretending everything is fine - I'm so sorry you have to do this. Hugs to you sweetie. I can't believe you have to do this again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you & sending love. I also wish there was some way for others to know you're trying to cope with a loss without telling them all the details. You're right it would be so nice if people could be a little kinder.

    ReplyDelete