Monday, January 17, 2011

our final fertilization report

We just received our final fertilization report.  Two of the three remaining embryos arrested.  The other one grew to an expanded blast, grade AA, and supposedly looks "beautiful."  I hate that he will be frozen all alone and hope he makes some other little frosty friends, but I am so thankful that he made it so far and will be waiting to hopefully become our next pregnancy.  I also know it's important for me right now to not focus on the five that didn't make it, but instead put all my energy into being positive for my precious two currently making their home inside me.

Yesterday we decided that our two little guys needed a nickname for when we talked to and/or about them.  We had previously been using letters--for a plethora of reasons we named our first pregnancy B, then the subsequent ones ended up being C & D.  We decided that continuing to go through the alphabet was a bit depressing and hadn't brought us much luck yet, so we have named these precious ones Bit and Bitty.  I am keeping my pictures of Bit and Bitty on the coffee table in front of me, though I hope they look much different by now.  I cannot wait to get their picture taken again soon!   

8 comments:

  1. I am praying for Bit and Bitty to grow big and strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have a beautiful one to freeze! I'm sure your little frosty will make friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'mon Bit and Bitty! Keep growing - you have a wonderful momma cheering you on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Bit and Bitty!!!!!
    It must be nice to know you have a bittiest in the freezer, so down the road if you want another baby it is waiting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on little guys! You can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am having the same 'alone' issue now. We have our transfer Thursday and are planning on transferring 2 of the 3 but hate to think of my lil frostie baby all alone!!
    Anyways, I am glad you have one there for future baby makin use and right now, concentrate on Bit and Bitty and help them grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How precious - I hope Bit and Bitty are sticky as can be and happy to hang around for quite a while!

    ReplyDelete