Tuesday, January 4, 2011

better

Thanks for all of your kind words yesterday!  It means so much to know there are women out there pulling for my little ovaries.  I am feeling much better about everything today...I know that if we get to 10, that will be great, so I'm just hoping my RE's prediction is correct.  I am anxious for Thursday to get here, but am trying to remember that all I can do is continue my meds and hope for the best.

We've been on several roller coasters this past year, but this one is different.  So much has been invested in this cycle that it's difficult not to overanalyze.  I feel like all chances of success are riding on each blood draw and each scan.  Trying to take it one day at a time, but as we all know that is more difficult than it sounds.

7 comments:

  1. I totally get this. with IVF there is a lot riding on things, both emotionally and financially, and I think it take a lot more out of us as a consequence. It is so hard to take it one day at a time, although it is great advice.
    I am crossing my fingers and toes for you that things look good on Thursday!! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day at a time is pretty difficult to take things, but I'm trying to do it too so you're not alone. I figure staying positive won't work and it looks like you're well on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't even worry about one day at a time. Take it one HOUR at a time. Oh hey, I've been awake for an hour and I haven't cried yet. Look at that, it's lunch time, I've had several hours go by where I felt perfectly fine. Oh crap, I had an emotional breakdown for an hour, but now that hour is behind me.

    It sounds like I'm being sarcastic but I'm totally not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what you are feeling is normal...at least it was for me!! IVF is stressful in so many ways. Have you ever considered a meditation CD? I had a good one recommended to me and would be happy to pass the name on. More than anything it relaxed my mind and allowed me to fall asleep quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only imagine. I can't wait to hear the results on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. IVF is such a crazy rollercoaster - you never know what will happen around the next turn. Just hang in there! And yes, we're all here behind you rooting for you and your ovaries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's pretty hard not to look ahead. I've felt, at times, really stupid for having once thought we'd have frozen embryos to use for a second child - when we never even got more than 4 eggs retrieved!! Oh well, you just can't know until you know. Hang in there. This is a tough road. Keeping all of my fingers and toes crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete