Thursday, February 14, 2013

it's real

We are so incredibly lucky and blessed beyond what we could imagine.  We have seen this baby's heartbeat two times (at 6 weeks and 8 weeks), and everything is going as well as possible.

As we get closer to the point where we will tell our friends, I feel myself becoming more confused about how to approach this pregnancy.  I never, ever want to disrespect the fertility treatment process.  I also never want to play into the "just relax" and "you just need a miracle" misconceptions.  We conceived on a non-medicated cycle directly following two months of suppression and drugs for a frozen cycle.  Did the frozen cycle help?  Maybe.  Were we on fertility drugs?  No.  Were we trying to get pregnant?  Absolutely.  Were we relaxed?  Absolutely not...in fact, I was probably more stressed than ever as we tried to figure out whether we could afford to do IVF again.

When telling our family, we told them that it was a mixture of the effects from the frozen cycle and a lot of luck.  I think that's the story I'm sticking with.  I just hope we get far enough to have this problem!

3 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!!!! I am so incredibly happy for you. Your twins are going to have a new sibling! I can't wait!

    I think the news is best delivered in whatever way you feel most comfortable. I support you in whatever you choose to say. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thrilled that this has happened for you and your betas and results help me stay positive for my little miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read your blog for a while now, since before you had the twins. You have not been on lately so I just wanted to say I hope all is well and you have just been to busy to blog.

    Take care,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete