Sunday, December 25, 2011

happy holidays

Over the last 48 hours, I have cried almost as much as I did last Christmas Eve/Christmas, though for very different reasons.  I am completely overwhelmed by how blessed A and I are to have our son and daughter this year.  Last year we were reeling from three losses in a row, while at the same time ramping up for IVF.  Christmas was terribly difficult.  Today, though, we got to experience the magic of a child's first Christmas. 

As the tears of joy flow, I keep saying to A that we are so lucky, and that I cannot stop thinking about all of the women and couples who are not as lucky as us.  The ones who are still trying, still waiting for their miracle.  For all of you who haven't "found" your take home baby yet, I pray for peace during the holidays and for your greatest wish to come true.  Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for keeping those of us still in the trenches in your thoughts. And I am so happy for you that you finally got to have a Christmas with children and that your tears were tears of joy this year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story is similar to mine except I have yet to start IVF yet. I am very happy for you and hope to have my wish come true as well. Glad to connect women like you through this community...it is giving me hope!

    ReplyDelete